Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· GetInTouch
· Product Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories_Archive
· Submit_News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web_Links
· Your_Account

Disaster Recovery

Disaster can strike anywhere, any time. But how well equipped are you to manage them & restore normal operations as painlessly as possible? We hope this forum will assist. Please contribute!

Who's Online
There are currently, 46 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

What is BCP?

BCP is the process by which an organization produces a document to assist recovery from partially or completely interrupted critical functions within a pre-determined timeframe following disruption.

Disaster Recovery Planning Portals

Disaster Recovery World
FEMA, Ready, BS25999

PHP-Nuke Recovery

Disaster Recovery Planning for PHP-Nuke needn't be difficult.

Disaster Recovery Planning Forum: Forums

The Disaster Recovery Planning :: View topic - What is the best city un America for a data center?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the best city un America for a data center?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Disaster Recovery Planning Forum Index -> Disaster Recovery Planning: General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: What is the best city un America for a data center? Reply with quote

A few months ago, a potential data center customer asked me what city in America was best suited to host a data center? I prepared the following points and figured I would share. Understand that I am in Dallas so I am biased but I think that I make a pretty good argument. Feel free to post any argument for why your city is better.

Arguments for Dallas TX
•Geographically, it’s in the center of the United States in a region generally safe from hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes and major ice storms. The only threat to the region is tornados whcih are not famous for taking out data centers.
•It’s a major hub for every network that reaches from the east to the west coast.
•The Dallas Central Business District is one of 5 cities using a grid power distribution system. The other cities are New York, Chicago, Washington D.C, and Atlanta. The grid power system is arguably the best in the world.
•There are over 20,000 miles of fiber in Dallas Texas alone.
•Fort Worth is 32 miles away meeting most distance requirement specifications for disaster recovery back up sites.
•There are numerous telecom hotels and meet me rooms in the city which make connecting to other networks simple.
•The giant technology labor pool for Dallas. 5% of the Dallas work force is in the “High Tech” industry making it the 6th largest in the nation according to www.neweconomyindex.org.
•Much of the nation’s energy is produced in Texas, which helps to keep costs down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Disaster Recovery Planning Forum Index -> Disaster Recovery Planning: General All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: