Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Forums
· GetInTouch
· Product Reviews
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories_Archive
· Submit_News
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web_Links
· Your_Account

Disaster Recovery

Disaster can strike anywhere, any time. But how well equipped are you to manage them & restore normal operations as painlessly as possible? We hope this forum will assist. Please contribute!

Who's Online
There are currently, 48 guest(s) and 9 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

What is BCP?

BCP is the process by which an organization produces a document to assist recovery from partially or completely interrupted critical functions within a pre-determined timeframe following disruption.

Disaster Recovery Planning Portals

Disaster Recovery World
FEMA, Ready, BS25999

PHP-Nuke Recovery

Disaster Recovery Planning for PHP-Nuke needn't be difficult.

Disaster Recovery Planning Forum: Forums

The Disaster Recovery Planning :: View topic - If anyone could help me it would be appreciated!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Disaster Recovery Planning Forum Index -> Disaster Recovery Planning: General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buttonprincess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: If anyone could help me it would be appreciated!!! Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here and was given this link by one of my professors. I am a student taking Information Technology and was just assigned a project which requires me to develop a disaster recovery plan for my home computer. I was wondering if there were any sites of specifications or templates, or even examples of disaster recovery plans. I have found a few, but they all require you to pay to view the material.

If anyone can post a link, or if you personally have a template, could you post it, or post that you have this information and I could e-mail you? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy
korducki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Internet Search Reply with quote

Use google or ask.com to search on "Disaster Recovery" or "Disaster Recovery Plans". You'll find several guides, templates, etc. Probably too late for your project, but perhaps someone else can use this.
SimonZ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Try online backup as part of your DR planning Reply with quote

As part of a rounded disaster recovery and business continuity plan, online data backup offers faster recover of data and 24/7 availablity. It also addresses the off-site data storage issues that cost time and money with tape-based solutions.

This technology also allows for your entire system to be backed up - enabling you to effectively "clone" your machine in the event of a disaster.

Hope this helps.

SimonN
Legacy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

online backup?

how to do it?
imran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to be more specific. what kind of back up are you looking for. for a home computer i would use a APC UPS.
hannah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big companies will go for an online backup solution as part of their disaster recovery strategy.

With online backup you will have your data safe in a remote offsite location away from the original data. You can access/ retrieve your own data when ever required round the clock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Disaster Recovery Planning Forum Index -> Disaster Recovery Planning: General All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: